Monday 17 March 2014

Celebrations

Some of you may or may not know that I am a mum to a gorgeous little boy who has just celebrated his 1st birthday. So last week I was busy getting crafty and messy in preparation for his 1st birthday and birthday party.
I set myself the challenge of decorating the birthday cake. I've never, ever iced a cake in my life but I thought I would give it a go. Am I crazy? Maybe!
The theme of the cake was 'Raa Raa The Noisy Lion' which is a children's programme that my son loves! Okay, and maybe me too.
It took me just over two evenings to do and I was very proud with the out come considering I had never done anything like this before.

*
This is the look I was after. It's the scenery from 'Raa Raa The Noisy Lion'.

And here is how the cake turned out. I'm very proud of it! For my first time doing something like this, I don't think it turned out too bad. 



The cake went down a treat and tasted so good too! 
It's been such a fantastic long weekend celebrating my son's birthday and he thoroughly enjoyed him and was very spoilt.

Let me know what you think of the cake (please be kind :) ) and if you have ever taken on a challenge like this.


Until next time 
xoxo


Don't forget to share this post and follow me on Twitter and BlogLovin :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment