Saturday 26 April 2014

Dear...Me

I saw this a couple of weeks ago on another bloggers site and it got me thinking. If i had the chance to write my younger self a letter about what's ahead of me in my life, would I? Would my younger self even want to read it? To be honest I don't know, is knowing what's going to happen in the future always a good thing? All I do know is, this is what I probably would have written to my younger self.


Dear 12 year old me,

Cherish every moment you have, every little thing, every second. The good and the bad. Life is about to change. You have known for some time now that your brother isn't always going to be here. The end is near. Heartache, pain and emptiness will surround you for sometime. You will go through a time in your life of feeling lost. But I promise you this, everything life has to throw at you will make you a stronger and better person. Life will not seem worth living but trust me when I say, it is. It doesn't get better over night but it will. You will have a fear of forgetting your brother but I promise you, that you never ever will and you will think about him most days with a smile on your face.
On the day of getting your school grade results you and mum will sit in the car and cry as you open the envelope. These are tears of joy and happiness. You done it! 
You are going to end up living in a world surrounded by cardboard boxes as you move from home to home.
 There are many ups and downs to come but as I'm writing to you now, I can tell you this...you are the happiest you could possibly be, you have a handsome little boy. Yes, you have a son! This little boy will be so precious to you, as you will find out why around the age of 16. You will love like you never thought it would be possible to love such a small little person. 
Old bridges are being rebuilt and the cardboard boxes are still around but are slowly going as you have finally found a place to call your home and share with your son. 
Mum and you will become very close after you share a very special moment that happens in your life together. 
Don't be scared of what's ahead, you are stronger than you think. Life isn't all doom and gloom, I promise. Just cherish everything that comes your way.

24 year old you.



I hope you liked this very different post of mine. If you had the chance, would you write your younger self a letter?


Until next time 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that was absolutely beautiful! Well done for writing such a brave post. You're an inspiration.
    Much love, Cliona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for such a lovely comment. It wasn't easy to write but it was almost therapeutic :)

      Delete