Sunday 6 April 2014

Blog Makeover

You may or may not have noticed over the last few days my blog has had a big and much needed makeover. I'm finally, happy with how it has turned out!
In this post I thought I would share with you some websites and tips I have found really useful that have helped me create this look at no cost, in case you are thinking of starting a blog yourself or just would like to give your blog a make over.
I'm no 'tech savvy' person but I knew the look of my blog I was after but just had no idea how to get the look I wanted. After numerous web searches i finally started to find other people sharing easy tutorial that I could understand and that created just what I was after.

The first thing I wanted to do on my blog page, was to create my own header. I'm not lucky enough to have photo shop but I found a site called PicMonkey that is easy to use and helped my create my header how I wanted it to look and to the correct size. This is a brilliant website and all for free! I also used this website to create the picture of me displayed on my sidebar.

The second thing I wanted for my blog was the 'follow me' icons. Like I said before, I'm no 'tech savvy' person and didn't have a clue how to do this. I found this lovely page by Liz Bryson with a step by step video on how to do this. This video is so easy to follow and helped me no end!
I also needed to find some free social media icons. I found this page by Carrie that offers free social media icons in every colour you could wish for to suit your blog page.

One thing I noticed when adding photos to my blog, was that they always appeared darker with a grey tint to them and I couldn't work out why. I tried playing around with the contrast and brightness in editor, but still no luck. So I Googled why and found this page which explained why and how I could stop it from happening. Something so simple and easy when you know how!

The last thing I wanted to achieve was changing the margin size between my header and my blog post starting, and also between the gadgets in my side bar. A very helpful website I found was Southern Speakers which explained how I could do what I wanted to achieve so easily. Once you have this code you can then customise it to change what ever part of you blog you wish.

I hope you have found this post helpful and if there is anything you can see that I have done on my blog but not explained above, just ask and I'll do my best to answer.



Until next time
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment