Wednesday 16 April 2014

'Sweet Treats' April Glossybox

If you follow a few beauty blogs you might have seen that it's beauty box subscription time again and Glossybox is slowly being rolled out. Mine arrived a couple of days ago and here is what I received. 
If you are unfamiliar with how Glossybox works, I explain it all in a previous review that you can read HERE.
This month's Glossybox theme is 'Sweet Treats' but I'm not really sure how that theme relates to this box at all, as you will see.
Emite Make Up Lip Brush £17
The first thing that shocked me about this product was the price! It pays for the price of the box and then some. I don't use lip brushes so I was a bit gutted to see this in my box but I'm going to use it as an eyebrow brush instead as it works a treat!
Monu Spa Warming Ginger Massage & Body Oil £25 for 100ml 
This is a sample size of 30ml that I received. I haven't had a chance to give this product a proper go as it recommends placing a few drops into a bath to leave your skin feeling beautifully nourished but it smells just like warm ginger bread fresh from the oven! 
Me Me Me Cosmetics Beat The Blues - Pearl Pink £5.50
This is a full sized product. You probably know the well known brand and product Benefit Cosmetics High Beam, which I own. This product, dare I say it, is almost a dupe of the High Beam but I don't feel it gives as much of a glow as the Benefit Cosmetics one. But at less than half the price of High Beam, I would definitely recommend this product if you are on a tight budget but still want the look.
TRESemmé Instant Refresh Cleansing Dry Shampoo £4.99 for 200ml 
I received the 100ml travel size. I am very pleased this product was in my box, as recently I have been loving dry shampoo and haven't yet tried this product. Dry shampoo is prefect for those days where your hair just needs a refresh but you don't want or don't have the time to wash it. It's also prefect for giving your hair texture which helps when creating certain hairstyles.
Unica Cosmetics Radiance Plus £12.95 for 50ml
 I received a sample size. This is a organic and 100% natural anti wrinkle and fine lines cream. At my age I'm not really ready to start using an anti wrinkle cream! So this was a bit of a disappointment to find this in my box.

Overall I am happy with what I received in my April Glossybox but I have cancelled my subscription for now, as I'm just no longer excited about receiving this box like I used to be. I am now on the hunt for a new monthly subscription box. 
Feel free to leave me a comment if you are subscribed to a different box that you love.



Until next time
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment