Wednesday 2 April 2014

Combat Shine

Finally I feel like I'm winning what I thought was a losing battle when it came to beating shine. I have a very oily t-zone and have tried so many products in the past to try and beat it. Starting from face washes to foundations to press powders. I've had my fair share of bad products that have made my face oily all over in less than two hours, yet claim to stay matte for up to 8!
But finally I have found three products that help me stay matte for up to 8 hours! So I thought with summer just round the corner I would share with you what really helps me stay matte, as I think there is nothing worse than being shiny in summer.
L'OrĂ©al Paris Triple Active Anti-Shine Moisturiser 
I believe if you start with a good base, the rest of your makeup will work better for you and help against the shine. This is the best moisturiser I have found that works as it states it should. It absorbs so well into my skin, doesn't leave my face looking shinny and it's also very moisturising. On days where I'm having a no makeup day (best days ever!) this still provides me with a matte complexion.
Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation 
I have tried many different types of foundations in the past by many different brands at different price ranges. But when it comes to staying matte Rimmel seem to know what they are doing. If you read my March Wishlist blog you will know that I really wanted to try this product. This is by far the best foundation I have used. It's medium coverage and feels so light weight on my skin, that it's almost like I'm not wearing foundation. Best part of all, it works at keeping me matte for nearly 8 hours! I can not recommend this product enough to anyone that wants a long lasting matte complexion. It's affordable and a good colour match too.
Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder 
This is an oldie but still one of my favourites. As I said before Rimmel really do know what they are doing when is comes to matte perfection. Again with powders I have tried so many different brands all claiming to keep you matte for hours but have failed. As my foundation keeps me matte, I only tend to use this where I need a little extra help on my t-zone. 

I swear by these three products and wouldn't be without them now. I use them all on a daily bases. Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what you think. 


Until next time 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I really didn't get on with that moisturiser! It just made my face greasy, even if I used the tiniest amount. I still haven't found a good one for my skin. But I love the powder, I only bought it recently and I'm in love with it already x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? That's a shame. The powder is amazing!

      Delete
  2. I struggle with this to! I have a very oily T-zone and a few hours after I apply my makeup I feel like a wax dummy! haha. Using a good primer helps loads. I use Prime Time by bareMinerals, I highly recommend it if you have never tried it!

    Emma x
    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried it. Thanks for the tip. Will have to give it a go. I'm currently using airbrush by no.7 and porefessional by benefit as I cant find one that does both :/

      Delete
  3. I've just finished up a pot of the moisturiser and I loved it. I've now switched to the Triple Active Light daytime moisturiser and I don't like it as much. It reacts with my primer and causes it to roll up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still using the one above. Haven't tried the light, but by the sounds of it, it's not so good

      Delete