Sunday 4 May 2014

Product review: Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner

In a previous blog post I mentioned that I really wanted to try the new L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. So I went out and purchased it. I believe they were half price at the time. I have very thin flat hair and anything that claims to make my hair appear thicker and more fuller looking, I'm willing to give it a try. 
I'd like to say this ended out well and I loved the products. But I would be lying and that's not what this blog is about. I will always give my honest opinion. 
These products smell amazing! Very fresh. But after two weeks of trying this product I had to stop using it. I say 'had' but it was more of a choice I made as I really didn't like how it left my hair feeling. After washing my hair, within 8 hours (no lie) my roots appeared greasy and felt horrible! Not a good look! I wash my hair every other day and I have never experienced greasy roots on the day that I wash my hair before using other products. I also found that my hair seemed more weighed down and more flat, like the product was still stuck in my hair no matter how much I rinsed it, totally the opposite to what the product is meant to be doing.
Overall I just didn't like the way it felt and appeared on my hair. In the time I did use these products, I really didn't notice my hair appearing any thicker looking. I wasn't expecting these products to make my hair beautifully thick and bouncy overnight but I definitely didn't expect them to leave my hair appearing and feeling the way it did.
These products unfortunately didn't work for me but they may work for you, as everyone has different hair.

Let me know if you have tried these products and what you thought of them.


Until next time 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That's such a shame! I was going to try these but I don't think I will now. I realise though that they may work for other people, but Im a little put off I guess. I know there's no miracle cure to make my hair thicker, but I think I'll hold out until I find something better! Thanks for this post :) x
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now on the look out too for the next products to try. So gutted about these products. Being L'Oreal I thought they would have worked great. But on my hair they just didn't :(

      Delete